UTPB journalists ham it up with actor/comedian Terry Crews

University+of+Texas+of+the+Permian+Basin+multi-media+journalists+join+forces+to+cover+Terry+Crews+on+April+27.+Pictured+are+members+of+MyFalconRadio+and+the+Mesa+Journal+News+online+and+social+media+%22newsies.%22+Standing+far+right+is+Mesa+Journal+multimedia+photojournalist+Cassie+Rivera%2C+third+from+the+right+is+MyFalconMedia+Station+Director%2C+Angel+Garcia%2C+and+fourth+from+the+right%2C+Mesa+Journal+News+anchor+Sonia+Flores.+
University of Texas of the Permian Basin multi-media journalists join forces to cover Terry Crews on April 27. Pictured are members of MyFalconRadio and the Mesa Journal News online and social media

University of Texas of the Permian Basin multi-media journalists join forces to cover Terry Crews on April 27. Pictured are members of MyFalconRadio and the Mesa Journal News online and social media "newsies." Standing far right is Mesa Journal multimedia photojournalist Cassie Rivera, third from the right is MyFalconMedia Station Director, Angel Garcia, and fourth from the right, Mesa Journal News anchor Sonia Flores.

Staff Reports, Staff Reporter

Actor, Comedian, and former NFL player Terry Crews was a force of nature in the “Green Room” of the Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center at 5 p.m. April 27 whereby he was interviewed by various local media. Prior to his stint with multimedia reporters (several from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin’s news venues of MyFalconRadio and the Mesa Journal News online and social media “newsies),” he offered photo opportunities with people at the memorial of Chris Kyle (“American Sniper”) located on the property of Medical Center Hospital. The Mesa Journal News streamed video live of this on its Twitter page. Crews was generous enough to entertain a host of questions from student media members prior to his 7 p.m. “Humor in Leadership” lecture courtesy of the University’s John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Institute. Crews has performed as an action-movie hero and sitcom star, worked as a syndicated game show host, is a former NFL player, and best-selling author. Currently, he is the newest host of the well-known syndicated game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? and stars as Sgt. Terry Jeffords on Fox’s Golden Globe award-winning comedy series, Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The event was free and open to the public. More photos, news, and video to come from the Mesa Journal News online.

Photo courtesy of the Odessa Chamber of Commerce
The 2,800 square foot Chris Kyle Memorial Plaza is composed of granite and Texas limestone, and is located adjacent to the Veterans’ Clinic on the property of Medical Center Hospital on S.H. 191. It also features a bronze statue of Chris Kyle.

Courtesy of the Odessa Chamber of Commerce
Chris Kyle limestone engraving.