Summer I: ‘The Help’ and ‘I am Beowulf’

Beowulf%2C+the+movie%2C+but+the+book+is+better.+

Beowulf, the movie, but the book is better.

Staff Reports , Staff Reporter

Flyer information.

O.K.  You had a break. Can you meet the “survivor” challenge of some summer fun while completing an English course in five weeks? You can do it. No 8 a.m. courses here. If you are focused and motivated, you got this! Work on your own schedule to meet set deadlines for British Literature ENGL. 2322.740.

Fear not the Darkness! Beowulf, The Canterbury Tales and a play by Shakespeare–and more in a five-week course! Complete a British Literature course quickly and free up your schedule for Fall 2017. Contact [email protected] for more information. This is British Literature to 1800,  ENGL. 2322.740 that will meet entirely online June 5 through July 6.

* * *

Composition 1301

Also, Summer I, Clark Moreland is offering a face-to-face Composition I course: ENGL 1301.040. It will meet 1:30-3:45 PM on MTWR. There are online sections of this course being offered as well this summer, but some students have more success learning in a traditional environment. The face-to-face course would be a great option for UTPB students who didn’t take Composition I their freshman year, or for students who have just graduated from high school and will be transferring to another university in the fall (where this course is likely required).

So, what are you waiting for? Get it done.

What Are You Waiting For?

What are you waiting for wow oh (oh-oh-oh)
Are you waiting on a lightning strike
Are you waiting for the perfect night
Are you waiting till the time is right?
What are you waiting for wow
Don’t you wanna learn to deal with fear
Don’t you wanna take the wheel and steer
Don’t you wait another minute here
What are you waiting for wow
What are you waiting for wow oh