In quest of the wyvern

Lucas+Vasquez%2C+UTPB+online+English+1302+student%2C+who+is+a+dual-credit+student+from+Union+Hill+Independent+School+District%2C++wrote+this+story.+He+said%3A+%22Creative+writing+is+a+fun+activity+that+people+do+not+take+the+liberty+to+do.+It%27s+a+way+to+express+your+feelings+or+thoughts+without+saying+them+to+another+person.+I+wish+I+knew+more+people+that+wrote+creatively+because+it+is+just+so+great+and+interesting.%22+He+is+a+junior+in+high+school%2C+plays+tuba+in+the+band+and+is+a+member+of+honor+societies.+
Lucas Vasquez, UTPB online English 1302 student, who is a dual-credit student from Union Hill Independent School District,  wrote this story. He said:

Lucas Vasquez, UTPB online English 1302 student, who is a dual-credit student from Union Hill Independent School District, wrote this story. He said: "Creative writing is a fun activity that people do not take the liberty to do. It's a way to express your feelings or thoughts without saying them to another person. I wish I knew more people that wrote creatively because it is just so great and interesting." He is a junior in high school, plays tuba in the band and is a member of honor societies.

Lucas Vasquez, Guest Writer

It was a gloomy, rainy morning. Philip IV woke up after a night of searching for the charcoal colored wyvern. He slowly got out of his thatch bed and looked around to notice the hole in the roof that has been there for a month now. Philip sighed and slowly walked over to the window and stared out of it looking at the drops of water drip down the cracked pane. Philip walked over to his door, picked up his pike, sickle and crossbow, threw on his trench coat and fedora and opened the door into the rain filled air. He walked out of the stone and wood hut, walked past his megalodon, pack of raptors, and sabertooth tiger, and stopped by a ladder to look at a moss-covered stone. Philip stood over this stone for a fair amount time while the rain showered over the man in the trench coat. Slowly descending each rung on the ladder, Philip glanced up at the cloudy, sunless sky and wondered when the sun would come out again. After getting off the ladder, Philip walked over to his shed and picked up the Argentavis saddle. He slung the saddle over the giant bird’s back, mounted the feathered beast and flew off into the rain-filled world to find the murderous wyvern.

On the other side of the island, Adam woke up in his tent with the sun glaring through the front. He crawled out of his clean tent to be blinded by the amount of sunlight that flooded into his eyes. The blistering hot sun weighed down on him. Adam felt lethargic when he was walking over to the sky blue river. Adam filled up his canteens and went back into his tent to grab his longneck rifle and sword. Adam unwrapped a cloth that held a silver ring with foreign engravings and three snake heads with ruby eyes. Each head was intertwined with one another. He put on the ring, grabbed his sword and rifle and walked out. The sun made every day for Adam very slow and tedious. He had to always rehydrate himself and find some form of shade, so he would not overheat and get heatstroke. Adam approached his Spinosaurus, Rex, and Allosaurus. He fed all three carnivores with leftover meat from the night before and climbed onto his wooden raft. He set the cloth sail and looked at the ring once again. Adam went to the guidance stick and set out to find a wyvern as dark as the night sky when there is a new moon and all the stars are blown out.

Lightning scattered across the sky while Philip was flying through the raging storm. Philip could hardly see a few feet in front of him. Philip could barely make out what seemed to be an outline of a wyvern. Philip flew his Argentavis down to the outline to get revenge.

Adam was a couple hours into his search then he came upon a horrendous rain storm. His raft could not make much distance in the storm. Wooden debris tore apart the cloth sail. Adam abandoned the raft and started his search on foot. He looked up into the sky to see a dark, winged outline. Adam drew his rifle and start firing shots at the outline looking to take the beast down.

Philip heard gunshots coming from the direction of the outline. His giant feathered friend started falling out of the sky. He slung his crossbow over his back and loaded a bolt with great speed. You hear the crossbow fire and a groan is heard.

Adam felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. He looked over and a crossbow bolt was impaled into his left shoulder. He could barely keep his rifle straight. A giant beast falls from the sky and lands near Adam. Adam unsheathes his steel sword and approaches the corpse. He notices that the body has feathers. He hesitates and thinks if he should slay the beast. In this moment, Adam felt another sharp pain but this one hurt more. It felt like it had more force behind it. Adam looks down and sees a metal pike has pierced his stomach. He falls back and fires a shot off before he lands. Adam’s lifeless body landed with a massive thud on the dirt floor.

Philip was relieved that he impaled the injured wyvern with his steel pike. Before Philip could walk away, Philip could not breathe. He felt a liquid flow out of his throat. He fell face first into the dirt with a puddle of blood beneath him.

Both men, Philip IV and Adam, laid lifeless on the dirt. Both men were partners at one time and they thought a wyvern killed their partners. Both men wanted vengeance on the winged beast. Both men grieved other one another. Both men thought the beast was real but in fact the beast was each other.